Use a Famicom
- Tune your TV to channel 96 (you most likely need to use an old CRT and do this manually through the menu)
- Make sure the switches on the console’s back are set to “GAME” and “CH2”
- Plug in the power and american RF modulator, put in the game and it should turn on fine!
Region modify a SNES
- Get some big pliers
- Put them into the game cradle
- Rip out the plastic tabs on either side
- It’s pretty simple!
- Start by learning your Hiragana and Katakana
- Study vocab and kanji on your phone with Obenkyo
- Try to do some flash cards every day with Anki or Memrise
- Study every day and don’t give up!
Clean a Stubborn Super Famicom game
- Get a 3.8mm screwdriver
- Remove screws from the front of the cartridge
- Take out the board
- Pour a small amount of distilled white vinegar into a container (like a tupperware)
- Place the game board into the container so that just the pins are submerged
- Wait anywhere from 5-30 minutes, depending on how corroded the pins are
- Remove board, wipe the pins with a q-tip or paper towel, put it back together
- It should work flawlessly now!